[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Dear all

I wrote a routine. At the end of each cycle of the loop I would like to save the result (plot) in a postcriptfile.
Of course if I just use dev.print in the following way: dev.print(device=postcript, 'c:/Rfigures/plot_1.ps")
I overwrite my results with the second cycle of the loop. I suppose there is a way to define the file name so that several plots are created(plot_1,plot_2...).

Could you give me an advice? Thanks a lot

Best Regards Mike

Hello -

I've never done this in R (I'm a total 'R' newbie) but in C or Java, I've used the loop counter as a postfix (or prefix) for the file name. You could do it like this (non-R code):

int max = 10;
for(int i = 1; i < max; i++){
[ . . .] //code for plotting etc writer = PdfWriter.getInstance(document, new FileOutputStream(pdfTitle + "_"

}

This would give (assuming pdfTitle == "plot"): plot_1.pdf, plot_2.pdf and so and so forth

Others may be able to provide pointers etc for writing loops in R. Hope this helps.

-- chris ciotti ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) PGP ID: 0xE94BB3B7