[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Dear all

I wrote a routine. At the end of each cycle of the loop I would like to save the result (plot) in a postcriptfile.
Of course if I just use dev.print in the following way: dev.print(device=postcript, 'c:/Rfigures/plot_1.ps")
I overwrite my results with the second cycle of the loop. I suppose there is a way to define the file name so that several plots are created(plot_1,plot_2...).

Could you give me an advice? Thanks a lot

Hello,

if you use:

nruns <- 200

for(i in 1:nruns) {
  postscript(filename=paste("plot_", i+1000, ".ps", sep=""))
  # some plotting commands here
  #
  dev.off()
}

then you get your files in a sortable order without too much string manipulation. Of course, you can also use 10000 or whatever, if you want more figures.

Thomas P.