Hi Elijah,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm aware of almost all of those things you
mentioned, and have played with some of them.  I'm not looking to do
distributed computing within R at this point.  What I'm after, though, is
not really addressed by any of them.  I want a user to be able to start an
interactive R session on a compute node that the system determines
(dynamically) to be most available at the time.  That's what `beorun' does,
but I couldn't get it to run R interactively.

Cheers,
Andy