I am updating the CRAN package LMGene, and I'm having trouble installing the
new version.
I changed the working package name to WLMG so I could use the new version
without removing the old version from the R directory.
I set up R_LIBS to allow installation in a different directory.
When I did

R CMD INSTALL -l /linux-ws/tilling/Rlib WLMG

it put the right files in the right place. However, when I went into R and
typed "library(WLMG)", it fails with the message

Error in library(WLMG) : there is no package called 'WLMG'

The obvious things:
.libPaths already has the directory, since I put it in the Unix R_LIBS
variable:
>.libPaths()
[1] "/home/tilling/Rlib"   "/usr/lib64/R/library"

I also changed the package name in the DESCRIPTION file to WLMG.

Does anyone have a guess what's going on? What else might need fixing?