On 11/28/21 5:10 PM, Ben Engbers wrote:
Searching Google seems easy. But finding reaully usefull information is often very difficult.
I alreay found hint #1. Thankfs for #2 and #3

Perhaps people who teach these things could give best recommendations (and those may not be reading this list).

It would be useful to learn the basics of sockets. The wikipedia might work if you wanted something short: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_sockets.

And then you could read the online R help for the R-level socket functions used in the demo program. For the parallel package (e.g. PSOCK clusters), you might also read the vignette of that package. And to look for usage patterns of the R socket API, one could look into the sources of the parallel package (the part implemented in R).

Tomas