Le lun. 27 oct. à 15:28, Arnaud Battistella a écrit :

Hi,
I was wondering what is the recommended way to install the "vars" package in
debian. And for that matter, how do you usually install R packages not
included in debian? I guess I could simply use install.packages() but I'm afraid of ending up with several versions of the same package which could be
bad I guess... Any recommendation on how to go with this?

I'd recommend installing these packages with install.packages() into your home directory -- unless you're a site administrator of course. Look at the ADMINISTRATION AND MAINTENANCE OF R PACKAGES section of the Ubuntu or Debian README on CRAN (near the end) for a simple way to automate all this:

        http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian/
        http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/

HTH   Vincent

Thanks in advance for your help,