On 06/16/2018 09:22 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

Ulrich,

On 16 June 2018 at 15:04, Ulrich Leuchtmann wrote:
| Hi Dirk.
|
| I saw you installed a new release. Unfortunately the problem mentioned
| below does persist.

The Ubuntu side of things is mostly Michael's work.
| I know this is perhaps a minor issue, as users report they can install
| manually (see below). But under strict installation policies this can
| create an issue. Synaptic is refusing to install. The German error
| message is
|
| "Die Ă„nderungen konnten nicht angewendet werden! Bitte zuerst die
| Probleme mit defekten Paketen beheben."
|
| In English this should read something like "The change could not be
| applied. Solve problems with broken packages first."

I can still read my native tongue :)

I think Michael works mostly with virtual machines where the installation is
not as minimal. We can (and should have) tested this some more with for
example a Docker container.  Sorry about the inconvenience but I think we can
get this sorted out in a few days.

Dirk

My apologizes, I had an error in the apt configuration file. I have corrected the error and tested it in docker. Should resolve itself the next time the CRAN servers sync.

Michael