OK all, I'm a research forest ecologist who worked for the US Fish & Wildlife
Service and the US Geological Survey for 16 years after studying under Dr.
Sharitz at the Savannah River Ecology Laboratory. Most of my work has been in
bottomland hardwood forest and cypress/tupelo swamps of the Southeastern United
States. My data analysis tool was SAS, and I do some programming in Visual
Basic.  I now work with a very small company that has little in the way of data
analysis or graphics capabilites. I therefore downloaded R and am trying to
figure it out.

Other than the "Introduction to R" manual and other things on the R website can
you recommend a good book on R. My analysis needs are not that complex. I
currently need to do an ANOVA on two tree populations to see if they are
significantly different with respect to size (one area was polluted and the
other is a control). I also need to do some point-quarter analysis for two
separate forest populations, one in NE Texas and the other in S Mississipp).

Bob Keeland
Research Forest Ecologist
Forest Dynamics, Inc.
Louisiana