Hi,

Yes, I know there are issues about using residuals as response variable,
and contrasting opinions about that.

However, what I attempt to do is to perform an indicator species analysis
(ISA) with these residuals. I want to see if I can find species which are
indicators for different environmental conditions, but first I would like
to remove the differences in species composition due to the study region
(which accounts in fact for a big part of the differences in species
composition). I am using the packages indicspecies and labdsv for ISA but
in none of the cases did I found a way of including this as, for example, a
block variable, that's what I attempt to get the residuals.

Cheers,

Alicia
--
Alicia Valdés