Dear all,
there are 3 seats left for the Generalised Additive Models in R course.

Dates: online, March 20th-24th

Course website: [ https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/gams-in-r/
]( https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/gams-in-r/ )

The course is aimed at graduate students and researchers with some statistical
knowledge; ideally you'll know something about generalized linear models,
likelihood, and AIC. However we’ll recap what GLMs are so if you’re a little
rusty or not everything mentioned in the GLM course makes sense, we have you
covered. From running the course previously, knowing the difference between
"fixed" and "random" effects, and what the terms "random intercepts" and
"random slopes" are, will be helpful for the Hierarchical GAM topic, but we
don't expect you to be an expert in mixed effects or hierarchical models to
take this course.
Participants should be familiar with RStudio and have some fluency in
programming R code, including being able to import, manipulate (e.g. modify
variables) and visualise data. There will be a mix of lectures, in-class
discussion, and hands-on practical exercises along the course.

Best regards,
Carlo

Carlo Pecoraro, Ph.D

Physalia-courses DIRECTOR