Dear list,
A brief and (hopefully) simplistic question regarding point pattern
analysis.

We have compiled a large, continental database of chemical burdens in a
model organism. Currently, the data span 40 years and covers the entire
country of Canada (including the high arctic). We have categorized the
numeric data into categorical data (i.e. categorical marks) based on risk
thresholds. We'd like to assess whether or not there are interesting spatial
patterns ( i.e. clusters of levels of risk (high vs low)), much like a
case/control approach. My question is as follows;

Is there a "best" geographic projection for this approach? Currently all
data are in Latitude/Longitude. My inclination is to use something along the
lines of an equal area projection to maintain a reasonable representation of
spatial dispersion.

--
David Depew
Postdoctoral Fellow