Thank you Luis. When calibrating the adaptive model, using adapt=t in the
bandwidth selection created the proportion you speak of, which then allowed
me to create a bandwidth matrix using gwr.adapt. However, this has not
worked for me with holdout samples. Have you had success in this regard?

I do not know the intended influence of these "fit.points". I would think
that new localized regressions are not calculated, as we're testing the
model and previous data points' ability to predict for these new ones, but
I could be wrong. My current method, however, is producing much poorer
results with the holdouts, which I am fairly sure is related to my
inability to incorporate the new points necessary bandwidths.

I will keep your input in mind and touch back with what I glean. Thank you
much for your time.