Alrighty then!

Say I create this adaptive bandwidth model using the original dataset
"georgia"

coords = cbind(georgia$x, georgia$y)
bwsel <- gwr.sel(PctBach ~ TotPop90 + PctRural + PctEld + PctFB + PctPov +
PctBlack, data=georgia, adapt=TRUE, coords, gweight=gwr.Gauss, method =
"aic" )
bw1 <- gw.adapt(coords, coords, quant=bwsel)
model1 <- gwr(PctBach ~ TotPop90 + PctRural + PctEld + PctFB + PctPov +
PctBlack, data=georgia, bw=b1, coords, hatmatrix=T)
model 1

Suppose I receive an updated data set (same dependent and independent
variables) and I wish to test the above model1's ability to predict the
dependent variable of these new data points. If this were a basic lm
regression in R, I would use the "predict()" command. I wish to better
understand how I would do so using a GWR model. I found the below
procedure, but I would like to know first if it is capable accomplishing
this task, and secondly, if I am specifying it correctly. It seems to me
that this procedure, as it stands, doesn't take into account the
appropriate bandwidths for the new data, say, "georgiaNewData"

PredictionsOfNewData  <- gwr(PctBach ~ TotPop90 + PctRural + PctEld + PctFB
+ PctPov + PctBlack, data=gSRDF, adapt=TRUE, gweight=gwr.Gauss, method =
"aic",  bandwidth=bw1,
predictions=TRUE, fit.points=georgiaNewData)
PredictionsOfNewData

Thanks in advance for guidance and insight...

--
Paul Bidanset
(757) 412-9217