Hello
im doing a project with Interpolating ( Kriging ) Temperature Data from many
Stations in Germany. To do a Kriging i have to use a Grid. So I have now 2
options. The better one is too download a prepared grid with the borders of
Germany. Then the interpolated map will look great, because i have only
Points inside German borders. So does anyone have got such a grid?
If no, the other is to make a grid inside a German Bounding Box. Then my map
will be a quare :). I have looked in the meuse Data set how such a grid
looks like :
> meuse.grid
Object of class SpatialPixelsDataFrame
Object of class SpatialPixels
Grid topology:
  cellcentre.offset cellsize cells.dim
x            178460       40        78
y            329620       40       104
SpatialPoints:
             x      y
   [1,] 181180 333740
   [2,] 181140 333700
   [3,] 181180 333700
and so on.
So is there any Possibility to make such a grid, if i know : Coordinates of
my Bounding Box (upper left coodinates for example (200000,540000), upper
right(900000,650000)) and Cellsize for Example 10000?
I woult prefer too download an existing grid.
Sorry for my bad english and bad knowledge of R. :)
Greetings Jan Hackenberg

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]