Hello R sig Geo list,

Can anyone suggest methods for performing spatial bootstrap to obtain
standard error of the semivariogram

range parameter for geostatistical data?

I've estimated the range parameter in semivariograms of herb cover by
generating 2.5 and 97.5

percentile bounds from 1000 permutations of cover values and then
defining the lag distance where

the empirical semivariogram crossed the lower bound as the range.

I now wish to get an estimate of the standard error about this estimated
range.  Cressie (1993) and others describe some

spatial bootstrap techniques, but all seem to involve lattice data.
Please advise, and thank you!

Paul

Paul M. Satterthwaite

MS Student, Forest Science