Hi Gledson, tank you for your answer, but both ways return me the same
problem I'm having. Only the first color of the list of colors generated by
the terrain.color or the colorRampPalette is used in my object lines. The
class function return the same kind of structure for you "res" example and
my object!!

I'll keep tring.

Thanks anyway.

Rodrigo.

2010/3/9 Gledson Picharski <gledson.pichar...@yahoo.com.br>

> Hi Rodrigo,
>
> One way to designate colors to SpatialLines Object is like this exmple on
> maptools package
>
> library(maptools)
> res <- ContourLines2SLDF(contourLines(volcano))
> plot(res, col=terrain.colors(nrow(as(res, "data.frame"))))
> title("Volcano contours as SpatialLines")
>
> if you want to use colorRampPallet, try some like this:
>
> test.col = colorRampPalette(c("red","white","blue"),space="rgb")
> test.col(10)
> plot(res, col=test.col(10))
> title("Volcano contours as SpatialLines")

> Gledson Luiz Picharski
> Bolsista de Iniciação cintífica - PIBIC/CNPQ
> LEG (Laboratório de Estatística e GeoInformação)
> Universidade federal do Paraná
> e-mail: gled...@leg.ufpr.br
> http://www.leg.ufpr.br/~gledson <http://www.leg.ufpr.br/%7Egledson>

> ________________________________
> De: Rodrigo Aluizio <r.alui...@gmail.com>
> Para: r-sig-geo@stat.math.ethz.ch
> Enviadas: Terça-feira, 9 de Março de 2010 11:02:40
> Assunto: [R-sig-Geo] Color Ramp on SpatialLines Object
>

> Hi List.
> I’m preparing  a map for color
> publication and some colleagues of mine which participate on this work,
> asked
> me to put the bathymetric lines in a color ramp of deepness (eg.: light
> blue to
> dark blue) just to create an didactic effect.
> Well, this bathymetric data are stored in
> SpatialLinesDataFrame Object imported from ShapeFiles with the readOGR
> (package
> rgdal) function. Here is a summary of the object:
>
> Object of class SpatialLinesDataFrame
> Coordinates:
>         min       max
> r1 -53.01238 -26.92788
> r2 -35.74499   7.03177
> Is projected: FALSE
> proj4string :
> [+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84
> +no_defs +towgs84=0,0,0]
> Data attributes:
>  OBJECTID_1      OBJECTID            COTA
>  Min.   :   1           Min.   :   1            Min.
> :  25
>  1st Qu.: 570       1st Qu.: 570        1st
> Qu.: 850
>  Median :1139   Median :1139    Median
> :1900
>  Mean   :1139     Mean   :1139      Mean
> :2128
>  3rd Qu.:1708     3rd
> Qu.:1708      3rd Qu.:3250
>  Max.   :2277      Max.
> :2277       Max.   :5750
>
>  SHAPE_Leng                     Shape_Le_1                      LAYER
>  Min.   :  0.04632               Min.
> :    5079                    4000   : 120
>  1st Qu.:  0.35611             1st Qu.:
> 39116                 3500   : 119
>  Median :  0.61498           Median :
> 67435              3000   : 103
> [...]