A bit more information:

Lets add a text or label (here is a label:

lb <- glabel(container=gw,text="Label")

This works fine on a label or text object (and I knew before I posted my
question):

font(lb) <- c(family="times",size=24,weight="bold",style="italic")

When the font() function is called on the "button" object, it has no
effect. In addition, setting additional options as in:
bt <- gbutton (container=gw,text="Button", fg="red")
are ignored.

comments on the original post would be helpful!

Cheers, Nick

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Nicholas Crookston <ncrookston...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Consider this example:
>
> require(gWidgets)
> options(guiToolkit="tcltk")
> w <- gwindow("Test")
> b <- gbutton(container=w,text="Button")
>
> Question 1:
> How do I change the font on the button (color, weight, etc)?
> How do I change the default so that all widgets in the window (and any
> additional windows I create) use a different default font?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers, Nick

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]