On 3/16/16 1:57 PM, Mick Jordan wrote:
On 3/16/16 1:25 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:

So it seems as if the -L option is not having the effect I expect, which begs the question as to what does produce the absolute path in GnuR? Is it it somehow related to the framework args?

Evidently this is related to the "install name" of the shared library, which can be seen with otool -D, vis:

otool -D /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.2/Resources/lib/libR.dylib
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.2/Resources/lib/libR.dylib:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.2/Resources/lib/libR.dylib

whereas:

otool -D lib/libRblas.dylib
otool -D lib/libRblas.dylib
lib/libRblas.dylib:
libRblas.dylib

So, I need to use install_name_tool to update the path to an absolute path, after 'installing" it in lib.

Mick