> On May 27, 2017, at 6:44 AM, Martin Batholdy via R-SIG-Mac
> <r-sig-mac@r-project.org> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I just switched to a new 2016 Macbook Pro and noticed that R is very slow
> when used over the R app. Using R via the terminal is significantly faster.

Can you be more specific as of what is slow and how to reproduce it?

There was a report that the console UI gets slower in Sierra as the length of
the output increases - you can clear the console to avoid that, but the cause
is so far unknown, likely related to Xcode 8.3 an Sierra interaction since the
problem has not appeared in Mavericks builds for R (try using R 3.3.3 to see if
you see the same problem).

> Especially, drawing figures in quartz is really slow and sometimes the
> following error message is printed – but this might be unrelated to the speed
> issue:
>
> IMKInputSession
> presentFunctionRowItemTextInputViewWithEndpoint:completionHandler: : [self
> textInputContext]=0x0 *NO* NSRemoteViewController to client, NSError=Error
> Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection from pid 0 was
> invalidated from this process." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection
> from pid 0 was invalidated from this process.},
> com.apple.inputmethod.EmojiFunctionRowItem

I have not seen that error, is it reproducible?

Cheers,
Simon