The first thing I would do is go to the “Format” menu in Textedit, and make
sure “Make Plain Text” is selected. Textedit’s default format is RTF, which is
not what you want.

(Apologies if someone else already suggested this and I missed it)

-Don

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
7000 East Ave., L-627
Livermore, CA 94550
925-423-1062

On 7/10/17, 2:02 PM, "R-SIG-Mac on behalf of Christofer Bogaso"
<r-sig-mac-boun...@r-project.org on behalf of bogaso.christo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

    Hi,

    I wanted R to open any Help page in html permanently.

    So 1st I created .Rprofile file with below code in terminal:

    touch ~/.Rprofile

    open -a Textedit ~/.Rprofile

    And then in the .Rprofile file, I wrote below code :

    options(help_type = ‘html’)

    However after that when I start R (from Terminal) I get below error on

    Error: 1:20: unexpected input

    1: options(help_type = ?

                           ^

    [Previously saved workspace restored]

    Can someone please point me on where I made mistake.

    Thanks for your time.