Dear all,

I’m relatively new to MacOS and have only recently started trying to use
XQuartz to enable me to run Rcmdr. Are there any common issues/ tips for
getting good performance out of it (or should it usually run well with default
settings)?

On first installation, I found there was a very long lag in menus being
populated (i.e. the menu shape was generated, but no usable options were
added), to the extent that Rcmdr was then effectively useless (not Rcmdr’s
fault, I don’t think). One of my students suggested reducing Output Colors
option from the default “Millions” setting. That seems to deal with the
problem, thankfully.

Is that typical of XQuartz, and is there anything else I should be doing to get
the best performance from it?

Thanks,

Niall Anderson

________________________________

Dr Niall H. Anderson | Senior Lecturer in Medical Statistics/ Programme
Co-director, MPH (on campus)
Room G113B, Doorway 1
Usher Institute, University of Edinburgh
Old Medical School, Teviot Place, Edinburgh, EH8 9AG

niall.ander...@ed.ac.uk<mailto:niall.ander...@ed.ac.uk>  | +44 (0)131 650 3212
| Skype = live:niall.h.anderson

[cid:image002.png@01D5485E.9BAEAF60]
www.ed.ac.uk/usher<http://www.ed.ac.uk/usher> |
@EdinUniUsher<https://twitter.com/edinuniusher>

[/Users/pcattana/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_921417845]

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with
registration number SC005336.