Dear Niall,

I'll update the Rcmdr macOS installation notes to reflect Simon's information
about XQuartz causing a font cache to be built on first installation.

I'm glad that the Rcmdr is now working normally for you and your students. I
wouldn't code this as "user error," but as a previously unnoticed (by me)
consequence of installing XQuartz for the first time.

Best,
 John