Dear R-experts: I would like to set the default drawing device to be
quartz, not X11. I understand that "quartz()" accomplishes this, but it
also draws an empty window. Assigning "quartz" to .Device does not do the
trick, either. I read earlier postings in this group, but did not discover
the ultimately recommended way to do this.

May I also ask why quartz is not the default on Mac to begin with? (would
anyone really prefer the X11 device if quartz is available?)

/iaw

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]