I have code for this in my TreEvo package (on R-forge -- see brownieneglnL in <http://r-forge.r-project.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/pkg/R/brownie.R?rev=2&root=treevo&view=markup >) though note that the package itself is not all cleaned up into install.packages()-ready form. You could also dig into geiger's fitContinuous function and use that code (look for "foo" in fitContinuous.R) -- OUCH must have similar code. Odd if there's nothing more direct.

Best,
Brian