From: Leandro Jones <lrj...@gmail.com>
Sender: r-sig-phylo-boun...@r-project.org
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:35:32
To: <r-sig-phylo@r-project.org>
Subject: [R-sig-phylo]  Show Informative Sites?

Nick´s rules won´t allways work in a Parsimony context. For example, a
position like this one:
1 A
2 A
3 T
4 C
would be "informative" under rules (a) and (b), but it is in reality
uninformative, as any of the possible trees have a length of 2. Thus,
this character tells us nothing about _phylogeny_.

I don´t know of any R function capable of solving Jimmy´s problem, but
I would suggest using TNT. TNT implements a function (isinfo) that
tells you if a given character is or is not informative.

Hope this helps.
Leandro

Leandro R. Jones, Ph.D.

--