Hi Juan,

Thank you for your answer - this makes sense to me. However, could the
same not be said for the unormalised eigenvectors of A as they preserve
the original similarities among the taxa, have the same units etc.?
Also, since solve(A) has the same eigenvectors as A but with reciprocal
eigenvalues it has some of these properties too.

I'm not saying that PCO of J-A is bad, but what I would like to know is
whether PCA of solve(A) could be considered as an equal alternative.

Cheers,

Jarrod