From: Liam J. Revell [mailto:liam.rev...@umb.edu]
Sent: 14 September 2013 21:14
To: Tom Wenseleers
Subject: Re: [R-sig-phylo] Question on ace ML reconstruction of discrete binary
character

Tom.

I'm not sure if this was addressed. corHMM should be doing ancestral state
correctly, so if you can specify a prior distribution on the root this should
be fine. make.simmap in the phytools package also allows user control over the
prior for the root (parameter pi). rerootingMethod assumes a flat prior.

All the best,

- Liam

Liam J. Revell, Assistant Professor of Biology University of Massachusetts
Boston
web: http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/
email: liam.rev...@umb.edu
blog: http://blog.phytools.org