Hi,
thanks a lot for the answers.
I have a few additional information.
I use the type="fan" argument, so my tree is round-shaped, so I can not
exactly set the xlim and ylim...
I.e my tree is: plot.phylo(tree4, type = "fan", cex = 0.6, no.margin = T,
font = 1, use.edge.length = T,  label.offset = 0.15). I set the margins
like: par(mar=c(0,0,0,0),oma=c(0,0,0,0)), and I made a .tiff image with
tiff(filename="tree1.tif",width = 18.30, height = 18.30, units = "cm",
res=600)
I tried to do as the advice said but the species names are still not fit in
the picture. I there any arguments to set the size of the topology of the
tree? Or can I set the size of the tree?

PS: My problem with the two lines of symbols is solved, thanks.

Best wishes,
Ivett Pipoly

--
*Pipoly Ivett*