Hi all,

I wish to run some comparative analyses on a posterior sample of trees
saved by MrBayes. When I imported the .t file into R, I discovered that
branch lengths weren't saved in units of time: they appear to represent
some other measure of change approximately proportional to time, but about
a thousand times smaller. The consensus tree produced by MrBayes, by
contrast, is a correctly scaled chronogram with branch lengths in millions
of years.

Has anyone managed to obtain time-scaled trees from the branch lengths that
are recorded by MrBayes? I suspect that it might involve dividing by the
clock rate given at the start of each tree, but there must be standard
procedure (e.g., in MrBayes itself).

Many thanks,
Roger

---
Roger Close, Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Earth Sciences, Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford OX1 3AN
United Kingdom