Hi,

I have a need to collect from some networks I've generated in Splitstree, the
patriotic distances between each pair of taxa, and also the number of splits or
otherwise the amount of loop or web structure in the network. I figured if I
can read the .nex files generated by SplitsTree into an R session with one or
more of the Phylo packages I could easily extract this information, make a
table and do some plots. I've only used APE for tree manipulation with R so
far. What do I need to read in networks?

Thanks,
Ben.