Hi Julien,

thank you for your suggestions! I also thought of using make.era.map.
As I understand it, it is possible to transform each slice according to
different rates by multiplying the branch lengths, but I am still struggling to
transform different time-periods according to a different alpha value.

Basically I would like to visualize trait evolution in which each time period
has a different alpha and sigma2.
I still haven't find a way but I will explore the options in phytools then,
thanks.

Lara