Hi Julien, Liam

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

As I see it, make.era.map will define 3 different
time-periods on the tree.
ouwie.sim could then simulate continuous trait evolution
under those time-periods, based on previously fitted alpha,
sigma2 and and optima for each individual regime.
And this could maybe be used to test for model adequacy (as
described in Pennel et al 2014) by comparing simulated data
to the original data.
But I am not sure if it works correctly for era.maps.
Also, I suppose this simulated evolution cannot be plotted.
If the simulation gives as output only the tip values,
without transforming the tree 'phenogram' will reconstruct
a BM evolution.

This is what I struggle with, but let me explain better my
original question!
I have estimates of alpha, sigma2 and theta for each regime
which were fitted with OUwie.slice.
I would like to visualize the trait evolution according to
this model with the real data.

The usual way is to rescale the tree and reconstruct the
trait on it, I wonder if there is a way to rescale each
slice of the era.map with different parameters?
I guess this can be done with vcv matrices, but is a bit
tricky given that some branches are sliced and the two
halves have different set of parameters?
Is this feasible somehow? Hopefully...

Thanks a lot again

All the best,
Lara