Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new in phylogenetic comparative methods. I'm a little
confused about branch length transformations. I'm using a tree with
divergence time (My) as branch lengths. When I use corPagel, corGrafen or
corMartins in R, the branch lengths, are the branch lengths automatically
transformed? e.g., gr.mammals<-corGrafen(1,phylo,fixed=F);
fit<-gls(FCL~logBodymass,correlation=gr.mammals,data=df,method="ML").
My question may sound a bit nonsense but I've seen in some papers (e.g., Spoor,
F., Garland, T., Krovitz, G., Ryan, T. M., Silcox, M. T., & Walker, A.
(2007). The primate semicircular canal system and locomotion. *Proceedings
of the National Academy of Sciences*, *104*(26), 10808-10812.)  the
indication that a PGLS was made without branch transformation, but no
reference is made to the model (maybe it's corBrownian).

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Sérgio.

--
Com os melhores cumprimentos,
Sérgio Ferreira Cardoso.

Best regards,
Sérgio Ferreira Cardoso

MSc. Paleontology candidate
Departamento de Ciências da Terra - FCT /Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Geociências - Universidade de Évora

Lisboa, Portugal