Hi Martin.

The solution of Gopal will work to change the color scheme of the
'densityMap' object, but this is also automated in the function setMap.

For example (in which trees is our 'multiSimmap' object):

obj<-densityMap(trees,res=200,plot=FALSE)
plot(obj) ## original color gradient
obj<-setMap(obj,invert=TRUE)
plot(obj) ## flipped color gradient
obj<-setMap(obj,c("blue","green","yellow"))
plot(obj,outline=TRUE,lwd=4) ## arbitrary gradient

However, you have probably noted that the function plots the posterior probability of being in a given state, by default the alphanumerically second of the two mapped states. This can also be changed as follows (in which x is our trait vector):

ss<-sort(unique(x))[2:1]
obj<-densityMap(trees,res=200,plot=FALSE,states=ss)
plot(obj)

In this case what should be plotted is the posterior probability of being in the alphanumerically first state, rather than the second.

All the best, Liam

Liam J. Revell
Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts Boston
Profesor Asistente, Universidad Católica de la Ssma Concepción
web: http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/, http://www.phytools.org