Vincent St-Amour <stamo...@ccs.neu.edu> writes:

> I have written GUI applications in Racket, .NET, Swing and tk, and
> Racket is the most pleasant by far, IMO.

I'm glad to hear it. Racket, as language, really looks beautiful - simple
syntax and powerful expressibility, afaict.

Do you find Racket's GUI sufficient for desktop appps?

> Racket performance is pretty good in general. The Racket performance
> docs have more information:

Thank you, I'll take a look.

> Realm of Racket is very good, and since you already have programming
> experience, you should be able to pick it up easily.

Thank you.

> If you need a gentler introduction to thinking functionally, I would
> recommend How to Design Programs:

That what I'm reading atm while considering whether to buy ebook or paperback
version of RoR.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One is understood to be in full knowledge whose every endeavor
is devoid of desire for sense gratification. He is said by sages