On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 11:24:33 -0400,
Rickard Andersson wrote:

> With regards to the measurements; as is obvious from this mailchain, I
> know about and use the `time` form. It hasn't skewed the results.
>
> Using the optimizing coach in DrRacket has yielded no results, really. I
> tried using it and there wasn't any advice on what to do for speedups
> (unless that advice isn't very discoverable, I don't know.).
>
> The only meaningful difference I discovered for TR was using 6.1.1, as
> apparently there was an optimization that'd been borked for 6.2.0 and
> onwards.
>
> I'm still curious about speed-ups with TR. I had expected it to perform
> better than Racket, but I guess the big win is that you get contracts
> with better performance instead of much faster, brittle code?

TR can perform better than plain Racket, but not always. TR mostly
performs local optimizations that remove dispatch / checks in various
operations, so only programs using these operations will see any
improvements. Areas where you can expect wins are float- and
complex-number-intensive computations, as well as some data structure
accesses.

Vincent