On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 23:02:23 -0500,
Jack Firth wrote:
> If this isn't going to be added to the core (and I don't think it
> should), then there would need to be some work done on exposure and
> making sure everyone who wants this functionality knows "look here
> first and only roll your own if this isn't specific enough". Maybe a
> Wiki page acting like a swiss army knife of useful single purpose
> packages that the community has standardized? Also things like Greg
> Hendershott's threading macro blog post would need to be updated to
> point to the standardized version, along with other places "non
> standardized" versions of the functionality have been documented.

I think adding a pointer (and maybe some slight nudging :) ) to the
standardized version in the docs for the non-standardized version can go
a long way.

Sending PRs to packages that use the non-standardized versions can help
too. You can use `raco pkg catalog-archive` to download all packages,
and then grep for uses.

Vincent