Robby Findler wrote on 03/30/2016 04:45 PM:
Perhaps we should improve the syntax-parse documentation? I found the
overview and examples to be pretty good, tho.

When the goal is to teach syntax extension, maybe it would make sense to pick *one* syntax extension form to introduce to people, and stick with it throughout all the teaching.

(I have never understood the approach of throwing a few of the different forms at people in rapid-fire, changing syntax/convention/model on people before they hardly have any experience. "First, let's show you *this* way; and then, when you want to do something more powerful, forget what you know, and do it this *other* way; and, hey, let me show you these other tools that are out there, isn't this all great." Then they sit down to start experimenting, and they get confused and discouraged for no good reason, over trivia of all the different tools that happen to exist. Latest data point is this person, who was stumbling over quasisyntax in syntax-rules. That's just discouraging for the person, when what I'd prefer to see is constructionist immersion, and learning the more more important ideas about application of syntax extension.)

Neil V.