Hi,

The DrRacket tools documentation is good but I don't think it answers this
sort of question.

You may find the right 'hook' in the Racket GUI Application Framework
http://docs.racket-lang.org/framework/index.html

I'd start with searching the source of the translations file (strings I
think) to find where 'run' is called in the code.

You may then be able to use one of the functions documented in 'get-extend'
( http://docs.racket-lang.org/tools/drracket_get_extend.html ) to capture
the run button.

Similar process for file renaming events but you probably need
'drracket:get/extend:extend-tab'.

This stuff *is* tricky and hard to find in the manuals.

Stephen

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 at 18:41, 'John Clements' via Racket Users <
racket-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> > On Aug 2, 2016, at 6:02 AM, Normal Loone <andreas.m.wi...@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am writing a plugin that tracks the development of code. Currently I
> want to save the times the run button is pressed (i.e. the code is
> executed).
> > How can I access when the run button is pressed?
> >
> > Additionally I'd like to mark when the code is saved under a new name
> (as a new .rkt file).
>
> Take a look at the “DrRacket Plugins” manual, probably available on your
> own machine as part of the installed docs (try hitting the F1 key in
> DrRacket), or by visiting
>
> http://docs.racket-lang.org/tools/index.html
>
> Apologies if you already knew about this resource!
>
> Best,
>
> John Clements

Kind regards,
Stephen
--
Bigger than Scheme, cooler than Clojure & more fun than CL.(n=1)