On 11/16/2016 07:51 PM, Vincent St-Amour wrote:
FWIW, Eric Dobson wrote a very nice `define-literal-syntax-class` macro
that is used extensively inside TR.

https://github.com/racket/typed-racket/blob/master/typed-racket-lib/typed-racket/utils/literal-syntax-class.rkt

Its companion `define-merged-syntax-class` is quite nice too.

https://github.com/racket/typed-racket/blob/master/typed-racket-lib/typed-racket/optimizer/utils.rkt#L110

I've used those in other projects as well, and like them a lot.

Ryan: Would you consider adding them (or something like them) to
syntax/parse?

I could add a `#:define-syntax-class name` option to `define-literal-set` that would additionally define `name` as a syntax-class matching any of the literals. I would want to wait to add that until I implement the backtracking-aware handling of disappeared-uses, which I just haven't gotten to yet.

For `define-merged-syntax-class`, I don't think I would put it in core syntax/parse, but maybe as a library in syntax/parse/lib/*.

Ryan