What about a simple timer and an indicator of compilation time compared to
the previous compilation?
The reasoning is that for a small project compilation time is short so it
doesn’t matter that it will be wildly inaccurate, but for longer projects
where compilation time is long, the number of changes you make will be
proportionately smaller so you will at least have a rough estimate. I’m
guessing that sometimes this will be poor, but for most compilations it
will be okay.

Kr
Stephen
On Sat, 28 Oct 2017 at 22:15, Shu-Hung You <
shu-hung....@eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:

> I think printing which file is currently being loaded can also help,
> like the logs given by enter! #:verbose. These logs can also be
> printed to the interaction window and be erased after the loading
> process is finished. This can let the user know that something is
> actually running.
>
> --Shu-Hung
>
> On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Ben Greenman
> <benjaminlgreen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I like the output `raco make -v ....` gives on the command-line.
> >
> > How about piping that into the interactions window?
> >
> > --

Kind regards,
Stephen
--