I have the same problem on Fedora 27, Racket 6.11. I don't recall the last
time I tried changing fonts so I'm not sure when it happened. I do
distinctly remember font selection used to work once upon a time. And the
same workaround works for me, too. As in, if I just use the scroll wheel on
that menu and press Enter, and open it up again, more fonts show up. And I
tried that code snippet; for me, too, only "a" appears, not "b" and "c".