I think you are trying to solve the wrong problem. If people want to use a
command-line tool they should know how to use the command line first. They
don't have to know every arcane feature of the Bourne Shell, but knowing to
escape spaces or quote strings is the bare minimum. Think about it like
this: if you are trying to give someone directions you already assume they
know how to drive a car, right? If you want to write a book on Racket, then
focus on Racket. And if they cannot use the command-line they can still use
the GUI tools.