In regard to "non-commercial stuff that you're not ready to release" (I
have a lot of that), I believe GitHub requires a paid account to host
private repositories. (I'd be delighted to hear otherwise.) I host some of
my non-public code on BitBucket, which provides private repositories for
free. It works particularly well for Digital Ricoeur, as they give some
additional free benefits if you have a ".edu" or equivalent email address.

I've never released a Racket package any way but as a Git repository, but
I've found it completely friction-less for public packages and fairly
low-friction for private ones.

-Philip

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 2:14 PM, Greg Hendershott <greghendersh...@gmail.com