I would like to include some scribble/manual docs as part of a larger web
site, and would like to provide some extra navigation links for the reader
so they can see “how to get back out again”.

Is there a facility within Scribble for augmenting the HTML just after the
beginning of the <body> tag?

I see there are ways to supplement the CSS and the content of <head>. I can
also specify a prefix file but when targeting HTML it seems this is only
used for the doctype and nothing else. I've done a bunch of searching,
can’t see that this has ever come up before!

If nothing else I have the option of displaying the Scribble pages within
an iframe, but I'd prefer not to do this.