On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 02:49:18PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 06:44:26PM +0100, Tomasz Rola wrote:
[...]
> Text-form is a lot easier to read in security-conscious text-only email
> readers.

Sure. It also has this nice property of delivering information without
distraction :-). There is a small security risk with text, too - it is
about embedding terminal codes which cause execution by terminal
emulator, but as far as I can say, xterm has that issue solved.

[...]
> I tried org-mode.  More unobvious keystroke sequences to follow, in

Myself, I treat org files as just text files - learned few keystrokes
(entering time and some list manipulations) but most of other things
(like tables) I do from menu (I have some of those keystrokes taken by
my FVWM configuration).

But one does not have to know any keystrokes in Emacs, it is just a
matter of moving one's wrists properly:

https://www.xkcd.com/378/

> addition to the ones I learned decades ago and are now muscle memory.
> And when I transformed it to other formats (probably html, but possibly
> pdf) I ended up with many huge headers that took so much space that the
> document was quite unreadable.  Perhaps I just don't know how to use it
> properly.

I have not tried this so I am not sure what happens. If I have time, I
will try to see what kind of problem this may be.

> I found markdown to be a lot better for nested point-form work, even
> though emacs won't collapse or expanding subtrees.  (or will it?  If so
> I don't know of it)

There are some answers here, and maybe some of it will work:

https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/7115/collapse-sections-in-markdown

I guess I can read raw markdown in email just fine, it seems to look
almost like raw org file.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola