On 1/15/2019 11:12 PM, Pierpaolo Bernardi wrote
- Go to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/racket-users
- Click the button with no text on the right which shows "My settings"
if you mouse over it.
- Choose "Membership and email settings"

Tune the settings according to your preferences.

You can receive all messages, or not. If you choose to not receive all
messages you can choose to receive only the threads you have posted
to.

How does one do that with a non-Google address?  I was invited to join the Google hosted Racket groups when they first moved from the list-servers, but the invitation was for *this* address that I use for net news ... which is *not* Google.

<flame>
Google is A PITA.  I've been locked out of my account by "enhanced security" so many times I have lost count.   My cable IP address is dynamic - it doesn't change very often, but every time it does, Google locks me out.  Apparently a cell phone, SMS 2-factor, an Android device, and having a verified email account at a major ISP are not considered enough to "authenticate" me.  More than once I have been caught helpless between "authenticate with your computer" [I have 5 computers], "authenticate with your phone", and "authenticate with your device" -  every one them demanding I try something else.

My complaints about their authentication processes being circular have fallen on deaf ears.  I almost always end up having to call them on the phone - they do something to unlock my account, and then it happens all over again the next time my IP address hops.

Honestly, If I didn't need Google for work, I would drop it in a heartbeat.  YMMV.
<\flame>

George