I don't know that we can help with the specific call you are reporting a
slowdown for (maybe, but I won't address that here as asking other
questions first seems worth doing).

What are you using the bitmap for, exactly? Just to resize the bitmaps? Or
as a backing store for drawing into the canvas? Something else?

Robby