On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 11:15:54 AM UTC-5 Matthew Flatt wrote:

> A solution might use something like `path->pkg+subpath+collect+scope`,
> where a 'user result for the scope triggers a different path
> calculation.

For my application, I was able to use this info to make a function that
*seems* reliable for user-scope packages (at least, the ones I have tested
with so far):

https://github.com/otherjoel/cookbook-pollen/compare/f5a07f237c...92bbd9d616

I will attempt something more robust (along the lines of your suggestion)
for the pull request though.