The archive size is misleading for two reasons:

 * the Northwestern snapshots include a lot more overall content by
   including tests, and

 * compression on the installer counteracts the mistake where the
   content of ".zo" files is not individually compressed; uncompressed
   individual ".zo" files end up compressing better as a group.

A new build is ready just now, where DrRacket starts and the size is
changed (i.e., download size is moderately bigger, unpacked size is
much smaller).